I spend most of my time starting new ventures, helping other people start new ventures, and moonlighting as a professional photographer. It’s a weird mix of left and right brain pursuits, but I love making it work.
- I developed one of the first websites and on-line publications back in 1993.
- I’ve founded or helped to start a number of technology companies.
- I fought the internet ad “agency wars” in the mid 1990’s at the dawn of the commercial Internet.
- I fought the “search wars” in the early 2000’s just as Google started to really shine.
- I’ve worked extensively in the online advertising and marketing space. Please accept my apology in advance as I am probably responsible for more than a few of the ad banners you’ve had to put up with over the years..
- I love analyzing how people use websites and helped create measurement standards and some popular open source web analytics software tools.
- I produced a documentary about the musician Jeff Buckley.
- I’ve written a book about how photographers can share their images online using WordPress as well as some handy plugins.
- I carry a camera with me wherever I go.
I really enjoy coaching startup and other entrepreneurs. If you think I can be helpful, please get in touch.
I make photographs for my own projects as well as for some magazines and news outlets. Head over to my photography website for more details.